Adding a Personal Digital Assistant
The Assistants in RoutineFactory are a powerful tool. They provide insight and make a large task more manageable by showing the instructions on the screen in an accessible manner.
What are "Assistants"?
An assistant is a very useful tool that guides you through a situation, task, exercise, and can be of use in a specific place such as a kitchen.
By using an assistant, you can add specific tasks, checklists, or videos to help clients in particular situations.
Adding an Assistant
You can create an Assistant on the RoutineFactory website and fill it with all kinds of information relevant to the situation.
- Login to the RoutineFactory website and find your client's or individual's profile.
- Click "Assistants" found next to "Schedule".
- Click "Add Assistant" and enter the name of the situation or location.
You can now find the Assistant on the website and in the mobile app.
Adding checklists to an Assistant
A step-by-step checklist or guide describes how you do something with clear and easy-to-perform steps. This is useful to add to an assistant.
How do you add a checklist, task, or step-by-step guide to an assistant?
- Click on the "+" icon of the tool where you want to add the step-by-step plan.
- Now click on the type checklist or step-by-step
- Set a description, choose a picture, and color if necessary.
- Click on 'Add step' and add the steps of this task or action one by one.
- Click on 'Save' at the bottom of the pop-up
Now you see the step-by-step plan immediately appearing under the assistant.
Adding a help function to an assistant
Add a "Telephone" or "Skype" component to also make easy contact with staff or caregiver for an easy contact option.
You can change the order of the parts in an assistant by dragging and dropping them into place.
Still having questions? Contact us, we are happy to assist.